Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back to the standards

Bah! I'm back to Internet Explorer. Why? Maxthon sucks. It's too slow. Opera doesn't open a lot of pages I need to visit and won't feature some of the Rich Text editors embedded in sites (like Joomla) that I need. I am on a Program Diet. After years of gluttonous consumption downloading and installing (and filling up my registry and slowing down my computer) every program imaginable I have decided to lose the extra weight. My goal is to get One program for each function. I don't think that's really possible. I'm also trying to do it for free as much as it can be done. Now I have some software titles on hand that are paid for and will be using those, naturally.

Media/MP3 - Winamp (free from AOL)
Media/Pics - Picasa (free from Google)
Media/Movies - Nero (also to burn discs)
Office Suite - Office 2003 (from Microsoft - Open Office just doesn't do it for me)
Graphics Editor - Macromedia Fireworks (I don't understand Adobe software).
PDF Maker - Adobe Acrobat 7.0 (No other PDF maker comes close)
Antivirus - Norton System Works (yeah, it slows down the system, but it works)
AntiSpyware - Windows Defender (Microsoft gets serious)
Browser - IE - (Really, customised it can be good)

And that's it. For now. My computer has been stripped of it's consuming ways and made a Producing machine. Much better.

No comments: